MOTHER EARTH NEWS COLLECTOR SERIES: MODERN HOMESTEADING, SUMMER 2022
Mother Earth News offers expert advice for self-sufficient living in the new and updated sixth edition of Collector Series: Modern Homesteading. This unique guide has over 40 articles covering self-reliant living, livestock and poultry, DIY projects, gardening, food and recipes, and more.
Mother Earth News aims to provide information and inspiration to help you live more simply, securely, and sustainably. Packed with timeless tips, beautiful photographs, and helpful charts, this collector series guide has more than enough information to get you thriving with your homestead. Whether you're just starting out or you've lived your whole life with your hands in the soil, you'll find some helpful information to live a modern yet simple life on the homestead.
Selections from the 140-page softcover book include:
- From cubicle to cultivar: how to leave the office and become a farmer - Follow farmer and freelance journalist Jonathan Olivier as he discusses going from office worker, to farmstead intern, to owning and cultivating the land of his own and ways you can do it too.
- Curing Meat at Home - Bring fancy food to your everyday plate by learning how to make the cold, cooked meats known as charcuterie.
- Transform Your Driveway Into A Vegetable Garden - Learn how to use containers and straw bales to make an edible oasis.
- How To Store & Protect Food Long-Term - Discover simple ways to protect the food you store for the long haul.
- Build a Garden Fence on a Budget - Add beauty and functionality to your growing space with a durable wooden fence that won't break the bank.
- Build An Indoor Grow-Light Table: Look through tips from other readers on how they started their seeds indoors.
- A Market for Meat Birds - Get the most bang for your cluck. Turn raising and processing poultry into a moneymaking, community-supported agriculture venture.
- And more!